If you’re interested in football, crypto, and making some extra money on the side, Sorare is worth checking out. The fantasy soccer game has seen a steady increase in users, which has led to more people being curious about how to get started. With that, there’s more than one way to make money on Sorare.
Sorare managers are cashing in big by using their digital collectibles and in-game prizes. By investing in these virtual assets, they’re seeing profits of 10 to 100 times their initial investment – all while having fun playing the game.
How do I Make Money on SoRare?
Earning money playing fantasy football is simple once you have an understanding of the gameplay. The play-to-earn mechanic is a crucial aspect of the game, and it’s how you start making a profit.
Here are 5 quick and easy steps to start making money on SoRare.
1. Create an Account
After you register, you can begin the onboarding process on the Sorare website. First, you can choose the name and logo of the club you want to represent. Once you have selected a club, you will be able to see the different steps that are available to you.
Here are some tips to consider:
Sorare will ask you about your three favorite teams during the registration process. If you want the best experience possible, try to select strong teams such as Real Madrid, Liverpool, and Bayern Munich.
If you register using someone else’s referral link, you can win a free card after purchasing five new cards at the auction.
Notably, choose a strong password and make sure to activate 2-factor authentication.
2. Fund Your Wallet
The next step is funding your wallet.
You can use both traditional fiat payment methods and cryptocurrency to fund your wallet. If you aren’t confident in using crypto, you can use your debit or credit card.
To fund your wallet, navigate to the top-right corner of your profile and open your wallet. From there, you have three options to fund your wallet:
- Crypto: Use Ramp or MoonPay to buy and deposit Ethereum on the Sorare website.
- Existing wallet: Connect your existing crypto wallet such as Metamask to your account.
- Fiat: Stripe is available so that you can use your debit card, credit card, Apple Pay, or Android Pay.
3. Buy NFT Cards from the Marketplace
After funding your wallet now is the time to buy some cool NFT cards.
Buying your first cards can feel like a daunting task. First, you want to make sure you’re investing in players who will consistently perform well.
The marketplace can be an excellent resource for finding these types of players. It provides straightforward advice on which cards are worth more based on the player’s past performance.
Note: The players on SoRare are only as good as they perform in real life.
When it comes to buying your player cards, you have three options:
- SoRare NFT auction: SoRare consistently updates its marketplace with new player cards. To get these cards you have to place a bid. If you win the auction, the cards are yours.
- Managers (other players): Managers will list their personal cards for sale on the marketplace. These prices are set by the player. Unlike the auction, once you hit that “buy now” button, the cards are yours.
- Open market (like Opensea): You can find a ton of player cards listed on an NFT marketplace like Opensea. This might be one of the best options, especially if you are just starting out. The prices of these cards range from low to high, and there’s always a good variety of players to choose from.
The Sorare marketplace typically has cheaper cards. However, by looking at manager cards, you can sometimes find good deals. You can also send offers to sellers or contact them on their social media accounts (Twitter, Discord, Instagram, etc) to get a lower price.
It’s important to note that NFT cards have different scarcity levels:
- Common (grey): 0 scarcity and can’t be traded
- Limited (yellow): 1,000 cards per season
- Rare (red): 100 cards per season
- Super Rare (blue): 10 cards per season
- Unique (black): 1 card per season
Of course, the rarer a card is, the more you should expect to pay.
The Soraredata website is a valuable resource for more in-depth information about the cards, players, teams, etc.
4. Build Your Team
When starting to build your own team, it’s helpful to have a goalkeeper who always plays. It might even be wise to have two goalkeepers. You don’t want to spend too much on midfielders because, as you start collecting cards, you’ll realize that there are plenty of them to choose from.
After you confirm your draft, you’ll have a few free silver cards in your account. You can use these to play the Sorare NFT game, but they won’t help you make more money on the Sorare game.
To have a chance at winning, you’ll need to buy some NFT cards from the marketplace.
- The red cards are the cheapest, followed by the blue cards.
- The black-brownish cards are unique and often go for thousands of dollars.
When finding the right players for your team, you must consider a few key factors.
- A minimum of 50 points per player is required, and players 30 years old or younger are preferred.
- The Sorare marketplace has an excellent filtering feature that allows you to quickly locate players who meet your requirements.
- While defenders and midfielders are relatively easy to find, finding attackers and goalkeepers who meet your personal standards is much more difficult.
Pro tip: When choosing a goalkeeper for your team, you could always go with the one you got from your common or free cards. He might not generate as many points, but it can save you money to create your team.
Here are tips for building a successful soccer team on a budget for Sorare:
- Do not overspend on cards.
- Do not invest in low-level players.
- It can be helpful to build different types of teams (for example, an All-star team, a U23 team, and a European team) and to participate in all competitions. This way, you can get a variety of experiences and learn which strategies work best for different types of games.
- Use the off-season to trade players who you think are undervalued. This is when you can get the best deals on players since other teams may not be as willing to let them go.
- Regarding your fantasy team, always follow the news.
- It’s essential to invest in players with a lot of potentials – they could give you a 100x return on your investment.
5. Enter Competitions
If you want to make more money on Sorare by winning competitions, you must have a strong lineup and register for the competition. You can participate in contests in six categories depending on how rare your cards are.
- Common: At least 5 common cards to participate.
- Mix: Training sessions for players who are injured or not playing to gain experience.
- Limited: At least 5 common cards to participate.
- Rare: At least 4 Rare cards and at most 1 Common.
- Super Rare: At least 3 Super Rare cards with 1 Rare and/or 1 Unique card.
- Unique: At least 3 Unique cards with at most 2 Super Rare cards.
There are 6 different types of competitions you can choose from:
- All-Star: All games and players from all the leagues.
- Under 23: Only 23 years old and under players (from all leagues).
- Champion Europe: Games and players from 5 major European leagues (Bundesliga, LaLiga Santander, Ligue 1, Premier League, Serie A).
- Challenger Europe: Games and players from challenger European leagues (HNL, Austrian Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Football League Championship, Jupiler Pro League, Premiership, Primeira Liga, Russian Premier League, Spor Toto Süper Lig, Super League, Superliga, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa Conference League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa League Play-offs).
- America: Games and players from major America Continent leagues (Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Concacaf Champions League, CONMEBOL Libertadores, Liga MX, Liga Pro, Major League Soccer, Primera A, Primera División de Chile, Primera División del Perú, Superliga Argentina de Fútbol).
- Asia: Games and players from major Asian leagues (AFC Champions League, Chinese Super League, J1 League, K League 1).
Every competition has a different prize pool. You can check how much is up for grabs before registering your teams. This way, you can get an idea of how much is at stake.
How Much Money Do You Need to Start with Sorare?
You can begin playing SoRare for free without an initial investment or for very little money. For example, you could buy a $2 card and sell it for $100. However, if you want to create teams and have the chance to win prizes, you’ll need a minimum of $100.
If you’re only interested in trading NFT cards, there’s no specified limit or amount you need to start with.
Team prices can range depending on the team’s quality.
For example, a limited team may cost $100-$1,000, while a rare team could cost $1000-$5,000. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a top-tier team, you could end up paying $5,000-$50,000.
On your journey, you’ll come across prize cards and rewards that you can use to your advantage. You can also make some more money on Sorare by reselling your existing cards. So the prices mentioned are only for getting started – you have the potential to earn more as you go along.
How Long does it Take to Make Money on SoRare?
You can make money instantly by flipping your NFT player cards on a marketplace. Otherwise, it can take 4 to 8 weeks to see a return on your initial investments from buying players, building your team, and earning prizes for winning competitions.
Just like anything good, it takes time. But, if you enjoy fantasy soccer and you enjoy making money, then playing the game over a period of time and eventually getting paid for the experience you gain should be exciting.
How Can I Get Free NFT Player Cards?
There are two ways to receive your free player cards:
- Use my referral link to register. Then once you buy 5 cards from the auction, you will get one for free. Also, you can share your own referral link with your friends to earn a free card (as long as they go through the same process.)
- Enter competitions to win free cards.
How do I Find Good Player Cards?
To find good SoRare players, you need to know how the players perform in real life. The NFT cards are only as good as the IRL version of the player. Injuries, missed games, and losses all affect the performance of player cards. You can use Soraredata and Transfermarket to gain insight into all the players.
Is SoRare Legit?
SoRare is a legit fantasy football (and baseball) game based on blockchain technology. Not only can you play the game, but you get full ownership of your player cards since they are NFTs. With these cards, you can enter competitions, earn real money and prizes, and sell the cards for a profit.
To further back SoRare’s legitimacy, they actually raised $680 million in a Series B led by SoftBank, with participation from Atomico, Bessemer Ventures, D1 Capital, Eurazeo, IVP, and LionTree as well as existing investors including Benchmark, Accel, Headline, and high-profile business angels.
Even though SoRare is still a new company, the platform managed over $150 million in card sales volume in 2021 alone, across 170 countries.
If you want to make more money on Sorare and you’re looking to stay in the game for the long haul, you need to be constantly reinvesting in your teams and players.
This means giving them rewards and prizes for their successes and then taking a portion of the profits to reinvest in further competition. Usually, if your teams are performing well, you can expect a return on your initial investment within 4-8 weeks.